If you own a piece of property, home insurance can give you an important level of protection in case something happens, and it can cover both the structure itself and any personal property that you have inside. Every homeowner needs protection against certain accidents that can cause harm to other people or damage their property, which is why you should understand the type of coverage that’s included in Connecticut home insurance policies.
Types of Protection Offered by Home Insurance Policies
There are several types of protection that can be provided by a Connecticut home insurance policy, and they can include:
• Damage to the Home – Covers any damage that was done to the house itself up to a certain amount that’s listed on the policy.
• Other Structures – Covers any damage or loss related to personal property, which includes any contents that are being kept inside. However, certain items like jewelry, antiques, and artwork may require additional coverage.
• Additional Living Expenses – Covers any living expenses up to a limit that will be stated in the policy, but the property can’t be habitable as a result of the loss.
• Comprehensive Personal Liability – Protects you from any claims that are related to an accident that resulted in any damage that was done to others on a property that you own or rent, but it may come with certain exceptions.
• Medical Expenses – Covers any medical expenses up to a certain amount per person and per accident for any injuries that happened on your property to a visiting party. It may also cover any medical expenses related to accidents on another property if it was caused by you, your family, or your pets.
Be sure to talk to an agent to find a plan that will best suit your needs.
Purchasing the Right Home Insurance Policy
If you want to find the right home insurance policy at a price that you can afford, Goodman Insurance, Inc. has some of the best agents in Shelton, CT. We have earned a solid reputation from the people in our area, and we have the experience and the expertise to find an affordable policy that will suit your specific needs. If you live in Shelton, CT, be sure to get in touch with Goodman Insurance, Inc. today!