Winter weather in the greater Shelton, CT area can be pretty brutal, and now is the time to start preparing. When you have a comprehensive homeowner’s policy you can rest assured that your home is protected no matter how severe the winter is. The team at Goodman Insurance Inc. is here to ensure that you have adequate coverage for this winter season. This is also a great time to do a pre-winter inspection and make sure that your home is ready for the ice, cold, and snow!
Protect Your Home Now Before Winter Weather Starts
It’s difficult to tell exactly what winter is going to bring beforehand, and that’s why it’s always a great idea to make sure you’re ready! In addition to meeting with your local agent to review your policy for completeness, there are a few steps you can take around the house to get prepared.
- Trim back any branches near to your home or garage – high winds, ice, and heavy snow increase the chance of branches breaking and causing damage. Make sure that your trees are all properly trimmed before the cold weather starts.
- Have your roof and gutters inspected. Remove loose shingles, clear out any clogs, and make sure gutters are secured.
- Give your furnace a once-over, clear chimney of any debris, and make sure ventilation systems are ready to go.
- Drain sprinkler systems and shut them down for the season to prevent frozen pipes and damage to the overall sprinkler system.
Let’s make sure that your home insurance has the protection you need before the winter weather starts! If you are in the greater Shelton, CT area, call or stop by Goodman Insurance Inc. today and find out how a comprehensive homeowner’s policy can protect your family home.
Yes, absolutely all homes need insurance. Why? Because you never know when something could happen to your home. In some of life’s most vulnerable moments, knowing you have home insurance can provide an extreme amount of peace of mind. Here at Goodman Insurance Inc. serving the Shelton, CT area, we want to make sure that you understand the importance of having home insurance. To help you understand, we’ve put together a list of reasons why you need insurance on your house.
Lender Requires It
In most cases, if you take out a mortgage on your house, then your lender is going to require that you have home insurance. This way, if something happens to the house, you will still have money to pay off your loan. You should always speak with your lender about your insurance requirements. Regardless if you have a loan on your house, though, it’s still a smart choice to keep yourself protected with insurance.
You Never Know What Could Happen
What would you do if a natural disaster occurred or if someone burglarized your home? Would you have the funds to repair your house? With insurance, you can rest easy knowing you are protected under certain circumstances. For a better understanding of what insurance does and does not cover, always speak with an insurance agent about the specifics of your policy.
To put it simply, yes all homes need insurance. Contact Goodman Insurance Inc. serving the Shelton, CT area today. You can speak with one of our professional insurance agents to learn more about the advantages of home insurance and about creating a policy that fully covers all of your needs.
Spring in the Shelton, CT area is a great time to clear out your living space. But did you know your spring cleaning could also help lower your homeowner’s insurance premiums? Use these tips from Goodman Insurance Inc. for a cleaner, safer home this spring.
- Clean out the lint hose on your dryer. Dust and dirt get trapped in the folds. When the cycle is started, this debris can get kicked up and land in the engine, which could spark a fire.
- Change the batteries in your fire and carbon monoxide alarms. Test them to ensure they are working properly. If not, get them repaired or buy a replacement.
- Inspect the seals around doors and windows. These tiny cracks can allow harmful pathogens into your home. These can aggravate your allergies, encourage the growth of hazardous molds, or make your existing respiratory condition worse.
- Review your homeowner’s insurance policy with a professional agent to ensure you have the right coverage for your property.
- Clean or replace your HVAC filters. Keeping a clean filter protects your system’s motors and prolongs the life of your equipment.
- Have your air conditioning unit professionally serviced. This will prevent the buildup of mold in your air ducts.
- Inspect your yard for damages caused by winter weather. Repair pits, holes, and cracks in your lawn and cement to prevent accidental injury.
- Clear your gutters and rain spouts of dead leaves and other debris that can cause clogs. If left unaddressed, this can cause water to become trapped on your roof, which contributes to rotting tiles and other damage.
Goodman Insurance Inc. serves the insurance needs of residents in the Shelton, CT area. Let us know how we can help you prepare for the warmer weather with high-quality homeowner’s insurance.
Your home is likely going to be the biggest asset that you ever own. For people that are in the Shelton, CT area, insuring this asset is very important. There are a variety of situations in which you will find it is very beneficial to have home insurance in place.
When Your Home is Damaged
One of the primary situations in which you will be glad that you have home insurance is if your home is damaged. If your property is damaged during a storm or other calamity, you will receive reimbursement coverage up to your policy limit. This could also include providing you with additional reimbursement associated with costs that you incur due to your home being damaged, such as providing you with money for a hotel.
When an Accident Takes Place
It can also be very beneficial to have home insurance if there is an accident in your home. If you ever have a guest over to your property, you are taking on responsibility for their well-being. If they have to be injured at your house, you could be sued and found liable. When you have home insurance in place, you will have coverage for these situations.
If You are Robbed
While a home insurance policy will provide you with coverage for the actual property, it can also provide you with coverage for your personal belongings. In the event that you are robbed or personal belongings in your home are vandalized, you could receive direct reimbursement from your insurance company. However, it is important to understand what the limitations are and to determine whether you should get additional riders.
When you are looking for home insurance in the Shelton, CT area, meeting with Goodman Insurance, Inc. is a great option. Goodman Insurance, Inc. knows the market well and will help you get a great policy with the right level of coverage.
When it comes time to sell a home, some people are astounded by just how much (or how little) their home is worth. They may not realize that the value is the product of a million different decisions, both small and big, that the owner did while they were living there. The good news is that you don’t have to be a DIY pro to raise your resale value. Goodman Insurance, Inc. has helped the people of Shelton, CT take care of their homes over the years. See how the right home insurance can be the key to getting the price you want at the time of sale.
The Impact on the Home
Ultimately, home insurance makes it easy to take care of everything right away. So if kids broke a few of your windows while you were out of town or a storm took off several shingles on the roof, you have a way of fixing it all when it happens. Putting it off not only makes the home less attractive, but it also makes it more likely the home will suffer additional damage because the integrity of the structure has been threatened.
The Impact on the Neighborhood
The better a neighborhood is taken care of, the more likely it is for property values to go up. While a homeowner can’t control what their neighbors are doing, they can make an effort to keep up on their own property. This type of conscientiousness can encourage other people to do the same. If you think you may need additional home insurance in Shelton, CT, it may be time to give Goodman Insurance, Inc. a call for additional information. Let our staff provide you with the information you need to make the right decisions for your property!
Home insurance offers coverage on a "named hazards" and "open dangers" premise. A "named risks" approach is one that gives scope to a misfortune particularly recorded on the arrangement; if it’s not recorded, at that point it’s not secured. An "open hazards" approach is more extensive as in it will give scope to all misfortunes aside from those particularly rejected on your arrangement.
Goodman Insurance, Inc. in Shelton, CT insures against dangers such as:
- Proprietors: To ensure both your home and individual property, a policy protects you against monetary misfortune if you are sued and discovered lawfully in charge of another person’s damaged possessions or property and will also cover hospital expenses for people harmed on your property.
- Family and Guests: Liability issues may arise which you are sued. Home insurance can cover the liability issues that stem from family and guests.
What does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
In a rundown, a homeowners policy covers you for:
- Dwelling – Pays for harm or destruction to your home and joined structures, for example, a screen fenced area or garage
- Other structures, for example, a carport, deck or swimming pool
Personal Property – Covers the belongings of your home, including furniture, garments, and possessions on the off chance that they are stolen, harmed, or destroyed. Pays for extra everyday costs if your house is uninhabitable because of a misfortune
- Third-party suits for individual/property harm and the legitimate costs
- Can incorporate criticism and slander
- Dog bites
- Guests harmed at your premises
Call Goodman Insurance, Inc. in Shelton, CT for more information concerning home insurance. Also, try our online rating tool for quotes on home insurance from your computer.
Buying a new home can be a fantastic long-term investment that needs to be properly protected with home insurance. For those that are buying a property in the Shelton, CT area, several different types of coverage options should be included in their home insurance policy.
Property insurance is typically the most significant component of any home insurance policy and will be a requirement for most mortgage loans. Property insurance will be able to provide you with financial coverage in the event your home is damaged by a storm, vandalism, or theft. This type of coverage can either provide you with reimbursement for repairs or even cover your property in a total loss.
Another vital part of any home insurance policy is liability coverage. Whenever you have someone on your property for any purpose, you are taking on some level of responsibility for them. If your guests happen to become injured while on your property, you could be held liable for their injuries. Liability insurance will provide you with a certain level of coverage in the event you are found liable for another person’s injuries.
Personal Property Rider
If you happen to have valuable personal property, you should also consider acquiring an additional rider on these assets. Many people buy insurance riders on jewelry, art, or other collectibles. An insurance rider will provide coverage in the event the items are lost, stolen, or damaged.
If you are buying a new home in the Shelton, CT area, it would be a wise idea to contact Goodman Insurance, Inc. Goodman Insurance, Inc. is a leading insurance company in the area and will be able to provide you with a full consultation on your home insurance needs. Once you have determined the coverage you need, the company will be able to provide you with a free quote.
If you own a piece of property, home insurance can give you an important level of protection in case something happens, and it can cover both the structure itself and any personal property that you have inside. Every homeowner needs protection against certain accidents that can cause harm to other people or damage their property, which is why you should understand the type of coverage that’s included in Connecticut home insurance policies.
Types of Protection Offered by Home Insurance Policies
There are several types of protection that can be provided by a Connecticut home insurance policy, and they can include:
• Damage to the Home – Covers any damage that was done to the house itself up to a certain amount that’s listed on the policy.
• Other Structures – Covers any damage or loss related to personal property, which includes any contents that are being kept inside. However, certain items like jewelry, antiques, and artwork may require additional coverage.
• Additional Living Expenses – Covers any living expenses up to a limit that will be stated in the policy, but the property can’t be habitable as a result of the loss.
• Comprehensive Personal Liability – Protects you from any claims that are related to an accident that resulted in any damage that was done to others on a property that you own or rent, but it may come with certain exceptions.
• Medical Expenses – Covers any medical expenses up to a certain amount per person and per accident for any injuries that happened on your property to a visiting party. It may also cover any medical expenses related to accidents on another property if it was caused by you, your family, or your pets.
Be sure to talk to an agent to find a plan that will best suit your needs.
Purchasing the Right Home Insurance Policy
If you want to find the right home insurance policy at a price that you can afford, Goodman Insurance, Inc. has some of the best agents in Shelton, CT. We have earned a solid reputation from the people in our area, and we have the experience and the expertise to find an affordable policy that will suit your specific needs. If you live in Shelton, CT, be sure to get in touch with Goodman Insurance, Inc. today!