Spring in the Shelton, CT area is a great time to clear out your living space. But did you know your spring cleaning could also help lower your homeowner’s insurance premiums? Use these tips from Goodman Insurance Inc. for a cleaner, safer home this spring.
- Clean out the lint hose on your dryer. Dust and dirt get trapped in the folds. When the cycle is started, this debris can get kicked up and land in the engine, which could spark a fire.
- Change the batteries in your fire and carbon monoxide alarms. Test them to ensure they are working properly. If not, get them repaired or buy a replacement.
- Inspect the seals around doors and windows. These tiny cracks can allow harmful pathogens into your home. These can aggravate your allergies, encourage the growth of hazardous molds, or make your existing respiratory condition worse.
- Review your homeowner’s insurance policy with a professional agent to ensure you have the right coverage for your property.
- Clean or replace your HVAC filters. Keeping a clean filter protects your system’s motors and prolongs the life of your equipment.
- Have your air conditioning unit professionally serviced. This will prevent the buildup of mold in your air ducts.
- Inspect your yard for damages caused by winter weather. Repair pits, holes, and cracks in your lawn and cement to prevent accidental injury.
- Clear your gutters and rain spouts of dead leaves and other debris that can cause clogs. If left unaddressed, this can cause water to become trapped on your roof, which contributes to rotting tiles and other damage.
Goodman Insurance Inc. serves the insurance needs of residents in the Shelton, CT area. Let us know how we can help you prepare for the warmer weather with high-quality homeowner’s insurance.